Welcome to The Garage Church of Hot Springs, Arkansas!
We are a simple church doing the ordinary things Jesus commanded us to. We make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
On Sundays at 6:00 p.m. We meet together to worship, study the Bible, and share a time of fellowship at 203 Nickels Street. Everyone is welcome!
On Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m. we teach Anger Management at 203 Nickels Street.
On Fridays at 10:00 a.m. we teach Anger Management at 203 Nickels Street.
One of our primary tools for teaching believers to follow Jesus is the Life Transformation Group.
Facts about Life Transformation Groups (LTGs):
They are gender specific. Three men or three women agree to read 25 to 30 chapters out of the Bible each week and then meet together to answer 11 accountability questions and pray for lost people. A reading example would be to read 5 chapters 5 times during the week.
The idea is that we believe God will raise up people out of the harvest.
Here are the advantages of LTGs:
1. LTGs plant the seed, not a seed substitute. Do any of us doubt the power of the Word of God to change lives? Is there really any question in your mind about the lack of Bible knowledge among people today? Also, we need to encourage people to read a translation they can understand!
2. LTGs remove the middleman. None of us doubt the importance of the role of the pastor. However, we don’t want believers becoming totally dependent on spiritual leaders to tell them what the Bible says. Life transformation will be much more likely when they read the Bible for themselves. Pastors are not high priests. Someone said that the Bible was shallow enough for a babe to wade in without fear of drowning yet deep enough for theologians to dive into without ever touching the bottom.
3. LTGs integrate evangelism with the spiritual formation process. This process teaches new believers to share their faith from the very beginning of their walk with the Lord.
4. LTGs form life-long spiritual disciplines. Believers form long-term habits of reading scripture, confessing sin, and praying for lost people. They never stop growing.
5. LTGs recognize the right place of the Holy Spirit in spiritual growth.
6. LTGs empower believers to obey the Great Commission for the rest of their lives.
7. LTGs mobilize lay people for ministry.
8. LTGs provide tangible evidence of an emerging leader. If a person can’t influence and multiply a group of two, why should we entrust him with 15, 50 or a 100?
9. LTGs release spontaneous multiplication into the church at the grass-roots level.